Saturday, January 16, 2010

I've been busy! Pajamas, Purse, and Painting Projects

Here's my latest projects.

A.) I made PJ bottoms for my kids. I didn't have a pattern, so I used some pants that they had that fit them well and tried to make a pattern that way. It was so difficult, and I got it all wrong, so I am going to buy some patterns to make more. There's a 99 cent sale at JoAnn's for patterns starting Jan. 17, so I'll get them as soon as the sale starts.


 B.) I made Kayla a purse and will start on Kristin's today and Annalise's probably tomorrow. I found the pattern for Kayla's purse at http://testerlola.blogspot.com/2008/04/angel-bag-tutorial.html. The pattern said to use fusible fleece and interfacing, but since the fabric that I used was so flimsy and stretchy, I used an iron on adhesive and jean material to stiffen it up. It turned out really well, but it was difficult to sew, especially the last part. Next time I will not use jeans, but something a little less thick. I really liked the iron on adhesive, though. It made it so much easier to work with.

Now she has a purse that she can put her Littlest Pet Shop toys in. She picked the purse pattern out herself and the fabric.


C.) I painted the dining room. It had been cream. I painted it green with leaves. Eventually, I want to make nice curtains that match. All I need to do is find the right pattern.
This is a picture when we first moved into the house. Since then, it's been textured, painted, and now repainted :)




And after . . .