I absolutely love this machine!
It’s an awesome machine that I am crazy about.
- I love the capability to embroider words and designs, then simply press start and it does it all for you. You of course have to guide the fabric, but you don't have to deal with the pedal. You can use the pedal if you want to.
- I love that it shows what presser foot to use with each stitch. If I didn't know, I'd use the general foot all the time and you really do need to know which foot is a better choice for each stitch. I also recommend Lorna Knight's book, The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible that goes into detail about each foot and stitches to use with each foot, etc. She helps you get the most out of your machine.
- I love the auto lock stitch. Simply push the button before or after sewing a design and it will lock the stitch for you. You can also use it when you are using several designs in a row and it will stop it for you. If you don't use this, the design will continuously sew, which I like having these two options.
- The error warning and animation is very helpful for me. Simply look at the screen and it will tell you what is wrong.
- I like the extension table that is included and lots of presser feet.
- The automatic needle threader is the best one I've experienced with so far. I've had the Futura CE250 and XL400. The 9960 is the best. It is very simple and accurate. Do make sure you have the needle in the right way. It won't automatically thread and won't sew correctly using different presser feet if it's in wrong. Remember, Flat Back. The flat part of the needle faces towards the back.
- The speed control is very helpful. If you are working on a project that requires precision, or if your child or a beginner is working on it and needs to go slow, simply set the speed control to the slowest speed.
- The automatic thread cutter is especially helpful for large projects such as quilts.
- Sews very smooth and quiet, has many designs to choose from, the sky's the limit on what you can do with this machine.