Ok, so the first step is to create a DASHED BRUSH.
- Select square brush, set to 3px (My canvas is always set to 300dpi. Not sure if that matters.)
- Click brush panel (the little paint brushes in a cup icon, shown below)
- click “Dual Brush”
- Set as follows:
You can play around with the settings to make it how you want.
- Create new preset from this brush (so it can be saved.)
So to make the curve, you need to use the PEN tool.
1. Create a new layer.
2. Select Pen Tool (the keyboard shortcut is "P")
3. Draw your line or curve (keep reading on for tips)
4. Right-click the line, click “Stroke Path”
5. Select “Brush,” (make sure the correct brush was selected beforehand) and “OK”
6. Hit “Enter” to end the path, otherwise it will continue the path.