Then recently (like within the last year or two, maybe three) I bought some more yellow T-shirts because I wanted to make more minion T-shirts to sell. I am clearing out my stash of crafts, so I figured I’d better do something with these T-shirts. So, I decided to make more minions. Perfect for Halloween coming up in just a couple months.
- Bright yellow T-shirt
- 11x6” SILVER iron-on vinyl
- 7.5x4.5” WHITE iron-on vinyl
- 3x2” BLUE (or brown, or whatever color you prefer for the iris)
- 4x2” BLACK iron-on vinyl
- Parchment Paper
- My svg minion design (cuts all together, or separated.)
Directions:Make sure when you place the vinyl on the cutting mat, it is shiny side down. You will be cutting backwards. Because my design is the same either way, there is no need to mirror it. For the settings, I use blade depth 4 and pressure 5 for the regular iron-on vinyl, or pressure 6 for the glittery iron-on vinyl. Pressure 7 will cut through the plastic, which you don't want.
Also, so that I’m not wasting vinyl, I like to group the designs together.
Then lay down the blue circles and do the same. Then the black pupils and goggles ends.
When you’re completely done, flip over the t-shirt and iron the backside. I recommend putting parchment paper between the shirt where the design is, and the ironing board.
- Make sure your blade is sharp
- Use masking tape on the edges of the vinyl to keep it down, when on the mat.