I was tired of my Baby Beans not having his hat, so I made him a replica. If you are “sew” inclined, you can make one, too! Or you can buy one from me. If you want one in another color, I can do that, too.
Cozy Solid Flannel 4.5 x 7 inches.
2. Right sides together, fold in half, sew one of the sides perpendicular to the fold using 1/4” seams.
3. With the sewn part on top, sew the bottom seam using your Rolled Hem Foot.
4. With right sides together, sew lace around front using 1/4” seam. I used 3/4” lace, about 10 inches long. Cut off any extra lace.
5. Turn lace over and edge stitch to hold down the lace.
6. Using your Singer 086742-P Ruffler Foot, with settings 1 (for every stitch), 1 for fabric amount, and your stitch length at 5.0 mm, ruffle all the way around the bottom. Do not backstitch because you will be removing the thread later.
7. Sew ribbon around the bottom where you just ruffled, just on the edge about 1/16”, making sure you also sew the lace. I used 3/8” ribbon 28” long, but I really wanted 1/2” but couldn’t find any.
8. Take out the thread from the ruffling that you did.
And you’re done!