Saturday, July 14, 2012

Camping with the Kids in Nevada

Day 1—Monday, July 9, 2012

Last night we got here about 11pm. We unloaded everything, only to find that I had somehow forgotten the case of movies that I was going to bring. When Annalise got out of the van, she said, “This is it? It’s terrible. I thought it was going to be beautiful! It’s so ugly.” The camper is parked at an RV park that is just a gravel parking lot with three other campers. It’s in the middle of nowhere, so there’s no place to go exploring or walking. There’s rattlesnakes, so we’re pretty limited what we can do here. When Annalise got inside the camper, she looked around and kept saying how terrible it was. She didn’t want to be there. Our camper has a tiny bathroom, the shower is about 3x1.5 foot, the sink counter is about 1x1 foot. The stove is tiny, the table is tiny. Everything about it is tiny, but there is plenty of storage space and beds. The table turns into a bed, so that is where they sleep. Overall, it’s better than some I’ve been in, and at least there’s running water, electricity, and a sewer line. It even has air conditioning and a microwave and fridge. And since my husband’s cousin has been staying with him, he’s got a 42” flat screen TV and X-Box. It really would have been nice if I had remembered the movies. The games are not really for little kids, so the only thing they really have to do in the camper is draw, and play with Elijah’s toys that he brought. I told Annalise to bring a bunch of her toys to keep her busy, and all she did was pack Elijah’s new toys he just got for his Birthday.

We had soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. It was really good. I was afraid of blowing up the camper with the gas stove, but I didn’t. So the kids have been bouncing off the wall, I’ve been trying to keep my sanity, so I finally told them we have to exercise. I showed them what to do, and they decided they’d rather take a nap. That’s fine by me. I get a little peace and quiet now.
Charlie should be home pretty soon. I had some terrible dreams last night. The first one was about wasps. There were two wasps stinging me, and I finally batted them away and stepped on them. Charlie had some plastic laid down on the ground and he poked a hole in it and dumped water in it so that the wasps would be drawn to it and get stuck under the plastic. Then I dreamt that I put Annalise and my mom in the van. My mom was in the driver’s seat and I walked away, then saw the van take off. Apparently my mom had got the van to drive, but she couldn’t control it. It flipped over and when I went to see if they were alright, Annalise was fine, and my mom was all better. Apparently the jolt from the car crash caused her to get better. She had a pinched nerve that was causing her ALS symptoms. Weird dreams. I won’t even mention the other one. It’s too terrible to repeat. I’ll put it this way: it was about Charlie and he did something that caused me to leave him, except in my dream he looked like my ex. I hate dreams like that.

Day 2—Tuesday, July 10, 2012

When Charlie got home yesterday, he took us out to eat at a TA (Travel Center of America?). The kids ate free and we had all-you-can-eat soup and salad. $15 for four of us to eat—not bad. But then when we got home, Elijah said he was hungry. We went to bed about 8:30pm since Charlie had gotten up at 4:30am that morning and had to get up again this morning at that time. After Charlie left, I just laid in bed, not able to go back to sleep. It’s now 6:30am. I was thinking about my mom with her ALS and wondered why she wasn’t getting better. Each doctor that she’s been to has told her that they could help her. Each doctor had a patient with either ALS or MS that they healed. But not my mom. For some reason, nothing is helping. I’ve come to the conclusion that ALS is a group of symptoms that medical doctors have clumped together and called ALS. Each person diagnosed with ALS could have something else with similar symptoms. There will never be a cure for ALS until doctors find the CAUSE for these symptoms, which is difficult if each person’s ALS is caused from something else.
When my mom was first diagnosed with ALS, she went to medical doctors. Each one told her that there is nothing she could do to get better, but there were prescriptions that can help her to manage her symptoms. For instance, something that will stop her muscle spasms, but could cause other symptoms, including damage to her body that could kill her. Determined to get better, she decided to go to osteopathic doctors. A lot of doctors say ALS is mercury poison. But my mom has had all her dental mercury taken out and has been on many detoxes. I wish more osteopathic doctors would research ALS to find the cause and cure.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
When the kids got up, we went to Winnemucca to Wal-Mart since they have fabric-by-the-yard there. I was looking for some fabric to use as heavy-weight curtains for the camper so that when Charlie works the night shift, he won’t be bothered by the sun shining through the windows. Right now he has curtains and blankets for privacy. After spending hours there and not finding what I was looking for, I finally gave up and decided to look at Joann’s when I get back home.  I did find a lot of cute fabric there that would make darling doll clothes, though.  It was weird being in a different Wal-Mart. Everything was turned around. Instead of the grocery part of the store being on the right, it was on the left. So I got mixed up and went to the front of the store when I meant to go to the back, and vise versa. It seems like the Wal-Mart in Winnemucca is underemployed. There’s no one to organize the shelves or keep it clean. It’s a mess. It really made me appreciate our Wal-Mart. But they did have a few baskets of stuff for 10 cents each. I only found one thing that I needed, though.

Day 3—Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I cleaned and cleaned. The camper was very dusty and dirty. I swept the floor and broke the flimsy metal broom stick in half, so then I had to bend over to sweep the rest of it, and man was it dusty! I inhaled a bunch of dirt and probably swallowed some, too. I washed all the walls and counters and sinks. I scrubbed the shower, the toilet (which had probably never been washed before), the fridge and microwave. Then I played a game with the kids on the Xbox and read some more from Battlefield of the Mind. When Charlie got home, he took us to a little restaurant that had homemade pizza. It was so delicious! I haven’t been online since Sunday and surprisingly, I haven’t really missed it. Instead, I’ve been reading Battlefield of the Mind and spending more time my husband and kids.  I knew this camping trip was just what I needed. Sometimes you’ve got to get away from your regular routine, everyday life to enjoy life.

Day 4—Thursday, July 12, 2012

Today we get to come home! It will be late when we get there. It’s a five-hour drive. Charlie had a class to go to today, so he didn’t have to go in as early. It was nice to get to sleep in at 6am. Normally we have been getting up at 4:30am and going to bed around 8:30pm. I’ve been getting up with Charlie, and so have the kids. I couldn’t believe it yesterday when they got up so early. But we ended up taking a nap. I know—cheaters. The kids are still sleeping now. It’s almost 7am. Last night I had a dream that some guy was trying to kill me. I had a daughter and son. My son was grown up and lived on his own. My daughter was a teen. They both had dark brown hair. My son wanted me to stay living in the same town, which was someplace I’ve never seen before. But I finally decided that I needed to move away to get away from the guy that was trying to kill me. He kinda looked like Eddy Murphy.  So I decided to drive as fast as I could down the freeway and told everybody I was moving to Colorado, even though I wasn’t. I figured if a cop pulled me over, I could tell him the guy was following me and trying to kill me. I pulled all my money out of the bank and closed the account. My plan was going to be to rent a car so that he couldn’t follow me. And then I woke up.

Back Home—Saturday, July 14, 2012

When we left Oregon, it was hotter than in Nevada. When we left Nevada, Oregon was cooler than Nevada. Nevada’s air was really dry. I noticed how muggy Oregon is. It’s almost like just coming out of a shower when it’s all steamy and hot. Nevada is definitely a desert. It’s so much greener in Oregon.  Charlie was so grateful to get back home. I was a little sad to leave my vacation. I really enjoyed it. The camper is so much easier to keep clean than the house is, just because it’s much smaller and less stuff is in it.

On a positive note, I have had the most amazing spiritual experience these past few days as I read Battlefield of the Mind.  It’s like my mind is fresh and new--"renewed in the spirit of my mind".  I had been in the dark for so long. I felt as though there was no light at the end of the tunnel. I was living in total stress, anxiety, and depression. Pretty much all my thoughts were negative, I complained a lot, I felt as though I could not be hopeful because if I was, I would be too disappointed when what I was hoping for did not happen. Joyce Meyer’s book has helped me so much. I feel like a different person. I woke up this morning depressed because of the money situation, but I quickly shook it off and reminded myself that Satan is trying another tactic to get me down. But it won’t work. I am strong in the Lord.